MOVIE PRODUCER KEVIN MULLEADY DISCUSSES THE MAKING OF ESCAPE ARTIST

 

Kevin Mulleady, entrepreneur, engineer, and founder/co-founder of over 25 companies has diversified his portfolio and carries the additional title of “Executive Producer” for the film Escape Artist.

Escape Artist follows the story of a politically and socially frustrated young man with a troubled past. He vents his frustrations via a social media network known as “WiThread”. His musings and rantings unwittingly inspire and spark a revolutionary movement, with him leading the charge. The psychological and social thriller stars Alex Miller (Chronic Misadventures of Slackers in Space and Retribution), Grant Liffmann, and Brianna Kellum (HeartsickGone, and Virtually Yours).

The movie was written and directed by Only Now Existing (O N E). O N E is the work of James Garrett, a musician and emotional activist who got his start in the music industry creating albums that are a haunting blend of powerful lyricism and electronic ambiance.

Escape Artist is based on Director James Garrett’s life and an album he created and self-produced, also entitled Escape Artist.

KEVIN MULLEADY DISCUSSES HOW HE GOT INVOLVED WITH ESCAPE ARTIST

“A few years ago, I was looking at my portfolio and wondering, ‘What is my next challenge going to be?’ I thrive on the novel and the innovative. When the opportunity presented itself, I was intrigued by the idea to explore my creativity through a producer’s lens,” says Kevin Mulleady.

“I was hooked on the challenge of undertaking an entirely new project. Following an artistic endeavor from its conception to its completion was exceptionally rewarding. This opportunity satisfied my entrepreneurial appetite and revealed new creative aspirations,” shares Kevin Mulleady.

THE MAKING OF ESCAPE ARTIST – KEVIN MULLEADY WEIGHS IN

“I have always enjoyed movies from a consumer’s perspective. But as a first-time producer, I really wanted this to be a learning experience,” says Kevin Mulleady. “And boy did I get my wish,” laughs the executive producer.

Kevin Mulleady explains that the set environment was intense and fast-paced. “I had a firm understanding of the production from a business standpoint, but nothing can prepare you for the reality of the demanding filming process. With so many moving parts, one may begin to feel as though he or she is losing their balance. But if you just take a moment to recenter yourself, and realize that all of these parts are necessary to complete the whole vision, you become a force stronger than any of your stressors.”

When asked about his favorite part of the experience, Kevin explains that it was the artistic contribution and newfound relationships. “I enjoyed dabbling in the entertainment industry and found contributing to the movie’s production to be very gratifying. But, of course, how could I forget the crew and staff that helped to make the magic happen? I admire them for what they accomplished.”

KEVIN MULLEADY DISCUSSES HIS FUTURE PRODUCING PROSPECTS

Kevin has always been drawn to business opportunities that allow him the flexibility to really test his performance. He believes that full creative and analytical freedom are necessary components to be successful, especially within the realm of film production.

“That was one reason I was drawn to accepting the role as executive producer,” reflects Mulleady. “You have the liberty of making creative changes and seeking new opportunities as they present themselves. It’s a new experience, certainly, but it’s exactly the kind of latitude I’ve been drawn to throughout my career.”

The movie was well-received and garnered excellent reviews. When asked if he would consider producing another film in the future, Kevin Mulleady replies, “If the right screenplay and the right director came along, I would love to continue expanding and diversifying my portfolio.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KEVIN MULLEADY EXPLAINS THE PHYSICS OF SAILING

HOW MY ENGINEERING BACKGROUND MADE ME A BETTER ENTREPRENEUR – KEVIN MULLEADY